Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Good Times/Bad Times

GOOD TIMES

1) We picked up the wedding ring at the start of the week and it’s just perfect…platinum with diamonds…so beautiful. It compliments my engagement ring really well and it makes the whole thing feel so much more real! I can’t wait to be Mrs Murphy! Only 4 months to go! It’s weird because I was so busy planning the wedding for months and now everything has gone quiet. I sometimes get a bit nervous that I’m missing something or have forgotten to do a heap of stuff but people keep telling me that it’s normal for things to go a bit quiet at this stage.
And here it is worn with my engagement ring...
2) I only have 5 working days left at my current job and I’m now certain that I’m doing the right thing by moving on. I really needed a change and new challenges so I’m excited about the future. It’s a great feeling when you take charge of your life and make positive changes…it’s very empowering! I will really miss some of the people I work with but I’m hoping that, now we won’t see each other every day, we will make more of an effort to do things outside of work hours.
3) My fiancé, Chris, managed to survive his Stag weekend in Liverpool! He went away with 19 of his friends (half of them Irish) so it was a VERY rowdy affair. They had a brilliant time but Chris was mortified when they stripped him completely naked in the middle of a pub and forced him to wear a very small woman’s swimming costume! Needless to say they took a lot of pictures and videos of the whole event! I’m so glad that hen weekends are a whole lot more civilised!
4) Wolverine is settling in well and he has Chris well and truly wrapped around his little claws. The first thing Chris does when he wakes up is to go and check on Wolfey and make sure he is ok. He even bought him some fresh salad yesterday to chomp on (even though he can only eat a tiny amount of it). Every time he walks past the cage, he can’t help but pick Wolfey up. The latest thing is Chris saying “I think I’m his favourite”. It’s certainly brought out his paternal side! ha ha.

BAD TIMES

1) I woke up yesterday with an almighty spot on my chin and it’s REALLY sore. It’s almost like an insect bite and it’s all swollen, it actually hurts when I move my face. I have done the best I can to camouflage it and although you can hide the redness with concealer, you can’t hide the lump! I never normally get spots like that and it’s no fun. I will be trying the age old aspirin mask trick tonight to try and get rid of it because it feels like it’s just getting bigger!
2) We are still undecided on where to go for our honeymoon and I’m getting nervous since we don’t have a whole lot of time to organise it. I mean, a holiday is hard enough to plan at the best of times, but chuck a wedding into the mix and you’ve got yourself a stressful situation. The original plan was to go to Rome or the South of France for a week directly after the wedding and then go to New Zealand for our proper honeymoon in January/February 2011. But now we are thinking of going somewhere in the Caribbean instead of New Zealand. I’m just worried I will get bored if we go on a beach holiday, a couple of chill out days would be lovely but I can’t sit around for a whole week, I need activities to keep me occupied! Whatever we choose to go with, we need to get it sorted out soon rather than later, the longer we wait, the more expensive it will be. Any recommendations for destinations welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment