Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Jemma Kidd Make Up School

Hello lovely ladies! I hope none of you have been too affected by the volcanic ash fiasco! We were supposed to have some friends coming over from Ireland tomorrow by their flight has been cancelled and it doesn't look like they will make it.  It sucks! I was watching a programme on TV the other night about the volcano in Iceland and the most worrying thing is that whenever that one has erupted in the past, it's big sister (which is ALOT bigger) always erupts in the months afterwards...scary!


Anyways,I don't wanna scare you guys too much so on to some gorgeous summer products! I like to keep my lips super soft and smooth in summer so I always carry a lipbalm with me.  This Ultimate Lipstick Duo from Jemma Kidd in 'Wendy' is perfect for my handbag because it has a colourless balm on one end (which contains apricot kernel oil and karite butter) and a gorgeous peachy pink lipstick on the other end.  I adore the colour of this lipstick, it's so pretty and I always think that peach shades go so well with the golden tan you get in summer.  This shade is perfect for everyday use because it's slightly sheer so it never overpowers your face or looks chalky.  The consistency is creamy, it applies like a dream and it imparts a shiny finish to the lips.  The balm gives you a chance to prepare your lips properly before you put your lipstick on and feels really hydrating, my lips are always left really soft after I've used it.  I often apply the balm while I'm doing my makeup in the morning so by the time I'm finished my lips are moisturised and the lipstick colour goes on evenly.  The only downside about this product is that it isn't amazingly long lasting but I would never expect that of such a creamy lipstick anyway (think YSL Rouge Volupte).

The other product from Jemma Kidd I am really liking is the Tailored Colour Powder Blush Duo in no.1 (soft peach/beige).  Now I know there are a lot of girls out there who like crazy bright blushes but I'm not one of them.  I'm happiest when I just have a soft hint of colour to my cheeks (Mac Well Dressed being my fave blush of all) so I wanted to outline this to you before I told you about this blush.  I like this blush because it subtle and gives me a really natural look for daytime.  The blush is a combination of two shades (if you look in the pic, the beige colour is on the left and the peach on the right).  You can either use them separately or together.  I find it too fiddly to use them like that so I just swirl them together.  I really like the effect it gives and the powder is really smooth so it makes it easy to blend it into your cheeks. 

I don't know what it is but come summer time, I always become obsessed with peaches and golds! Is there any colour you obsess over when the sun comes out?

No comments:

Post a Comment