Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Good Times/Bad Times

GOOD TIMES

1) Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation - This stuff is just brilliant in my opinion, I have been using this for every night out and special occasion in my calender.  It may not be everyone's cup of tea because it is a medium to full coverage foundation but there IS no better foundation for when I want a flawless look on a night out.  It stays put like no other foundation, no matter the environment, this product will keep your face looking perfect.  The pic below demonstrates it's amazing staying power because I applied the foundation at 8am in the morning and when it came around to getting ready for a special occasion, I realised that I didn't have to re-do my makeup.  This pic was taken at 10pm so that's 14 hours AFTER it was originally applied! All I did was add a light dusting of powder on my T-zone.  In my opinion, that is one good foundation!I know some people think it would feel heavy but to me, it doesn't and I don't think it looks heavy either, in photos OR in 'real life'.
2) Wolverine - I never though a hamster could be so entertaining but he really makes me smile sometimes! He has definitely got bigger in the time we have had him and he is just the most docile hamster ever! He is never aggressive and he doesn't bite and we just love him!

3) Bridesmaids Shoes - I finally managed to find the perfect bridesmaid shoes for the girls.  I had a mental checklist of all the things they had to be...comfortable, not too high, no ankle strap, silver, no bits digging in.  I found the perfect shoes in Next for only £26!!!  They also come in 'Wide Fit' so that gives you another option if someone has slightly wider feet.  The pic below shows you what they look like.  Thankfully all the bridesmaids liked them so that's another thing crossed off the list.  Yah!

4) Slim Fast - I weighed myself yesterday as usual and I lost another 1lb! So that's 6 and a half lbs in just 4 weeks.  Granted it's not the most exciting thing to drink every day but it's definitely worth it when you find you can fit into your 'slim' jeans again!  I changed my gym programme again so that's working really well for me too.  I do have one day a week where I can eat what I want...I find that keeps me sane!

5) Jerseylicious - This is my guilty pleasure at the moment (it's on Sky, channel 253 The Style Network on Saturdays at 9pm).  I always Sky Plus this show, it's a reality show about a hair and beauty salon in Jersey called Gatsby (we all know these shows are usually far from reality though!).  It follows the stylists and beauticians at work and in their daily lives.   I always love the scenes between Tracey (the bitchy one) and Olivia (the underdog).  It's full on, ridiculous drama!he he.  I think Chris despairs about some of my tv viewing but I can't help but watch this show! Expect lots of animal print, fake nails, big hair and BIG attitudes.  Take a look at this clip... 


BAD TIMES

1) I don't know what's wrong with the skin on my neck at the moment but I started to get small cyst like spots underneath my jawline by my ears.  They almost feel like the bumps you get when you get bitten by insects.  I couldn't work out why I was just getting them there and not on my face (thank god!) and I finally worked out after some detective work that it was because of the moisturiser I use to blend my foundation into my neck.  I promptly dumped that in the bin and started using a tea tree one instead so hopefully that will clear up soon!

2) I desperately need my highlights done at the moment but I was waiting until I had a bit more money.  I just feel manky when my roots are all dark and I hate the way it looks.  I phoned to make an appointment with my usual hairdresser but she is on holiday at the moment.  I really don't like other hairdressers doing my hair because it's hard to get the same result you usually do, I have really built up a good relationship with my hairdresser and she does an excellent job on my hair.  I have the appointment on Thursday at midday so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it all goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment