Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Urban Decay, Wolverine & A Great Exercise Video

I'm finding it difficult to find time to blog what with Chris being home.  We always try to spend as much time together as possible when he is home like going to the cinema, going out for dinner etc. but I was determined to get a couple of posts done while they are fresh in my mind.  Sometimes I have so many things going round in my head that it's easier to just get it down in writing before I forget!

I'm just going to show you guys some new Urban Decay products that I have been enjoying using recently. 


The first one is the Afterglow Glide On Cheek Tint in Score and here's some info on it from the UD website:

"Finally! Sheer, buildable cheek tints that glide on and feel weightless – (never heavy or greasy like your grandma’s cream blush). Our techy-feeling tint applies effortlessly on top of any foundation or bare skin… no pulling or rubbing needed to make it look right. And you’ll never get that powdery, cakey look that sometimes comes from powder blush. The formula is loaded with good-for-you ingredients like Vitamin E, Vitamin C and Vitamin A, so your skin gets nourished and protected. The color goes on more sheer than it looks in the pan, but since its so buildable, YOU control how much you want to blush".

I'm not usually a fan of cream blush products because they always seem to require lots of blending and rubbing and you end up ruining your foundation in the process!  However, this has to be the lightest formula I have ever felt in a cream blush.  As the name suggest, it is more of a cheek tint as the colour is so subtle but it's great that you can build it up to amp up the intensity.  You can see from the pics above that it looks extremely natural on the cheeks (I just swirled my fingertips in the pan, dabbed them on the back of my hand to blend a little, then applied it lightly to my cheeks).  The best things about this blush product are that it gives a fresher look than powder, it doesn't contain any shimmer or glitter and it doesn't feel sticky, greasy or tacky once applied.  I love the pink/peach shade!  It comes in 7 shades: Score, Bang (bright orange), Crush (bright pink), Fetish (rose pink), Greedy (berry), Indecent (peach) and Quickie (light pink). 

This Urban Decay UrbanGlow Cream Highlight in Sin kind of reminds me of the Mac Cream Colour Base in Hush but the UD one has a MUCH better formulation! The consistency turns to liquid as soon as your fingers touch the pan which I have never seen before.  Some cream highlighters can be kind of sticky and hard to blend but this product makes it so easy!  I use the same techinque to apply this as I use for the cheek tint in that I pick up some product on my fingertips, blend it in the back of my hand, then tap into my cheekbones.  Here's what the UD website says:

"Our silky cream highlighter gives you the power to guide their eyes to all the right places. Packed with pearl powders, the weightless formula adds luminescence wherever you need it: Craft contours where there were none. Create sculpted cheek and brow bones. Look like you got a full night's sleep with a touch of Urbanglow in the inner corners of your eyes. Hide that hangover with a dewy, youthful glow. The non-greasy formula dries down instantly, and can be worn right on top of makeup".

This ensures that you always get a flawless, even application with no streaks or patchy bits.  This highlighter gives a lovely glow to the cheekbones without being too shimmery.  Sometimes Urban Decay products can be glittery (which I hate) but this one is just perfection.  I love the shimmering champagne colour of the UD sin products and this shade is neutral enough to work on any skin tone.  I like to wear it on my cheekbones, browbones, inner corners of eyes and on my cupid's bow.  It comes in 4 shades: Sin, Brown Sugar (warm taupey brown), Moonshine (iridescent shimmer) and Wicked (radiant pinky shimmer).   Plus I love the skull on the lid of the compact! Simple things....


I love the Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners so I was excited to see that they had released an eyeshadow counterpart...Glide On 24/7 Shadow Pencils.  There are 12 shades in all:

Barracuda (black with silver sparkle)
Clash (bright turquoise with silver sparkle)
Clinic (emerald green with silver sparkle)
Delinquent (dark purple with bright purple sparkle)
Lit (golden bronze)
Mercury (gunmetal)
Midnight Cowboy (beige with silver sparkle)
Morphine (light purple with pale blue shift)
Narc (mossy green)
Rehab (taupe)
Sin (champagne)
Wasteland (dark brown) 

Now eyeshadow pencils can be hit or miss and my favourite was, and still is, the Jemma Kidd Iridescent Eye Silk Crayon in Tigers Eye but these liners come at a close second.  They do have a better colour selection than the Jemma Kidd pencils but they share the same chunky appearance.  Some people don't like that but I personally do because you can use them as an eyeshadow OR as a chunky eyeliner that can be smudged for an undone look.  Here's what the UD website says about them:

"They’re crease-proof, they’re waterproof… it’s the next generation of 24/7 Pencils! Our Shadow Pencils deliver incredible color payout, but feel lightweight. The new fat shape allows you to cover large areas more quickly. Use the thin tip as eyeliner, or the side of the tip as a generous swipe of eyeshadow. Luscious drop-dead shades make you feel every inch the creative type, as you blend shimmer, cream and sparkle finishes".

I love the Barracuda, Midnight Cowboy, Mercury and Rehab shades...they are all gorgeous, smooth and really blendable.  You will see in the pic above that I used Midnight Cowboy all over the lid, then blended Rehab in the outer corners and used Barracuda as a liner on the top lid.  The best thing about these is that they don't move once on and they don't crease either.  Midnight Cowboy powder eyeshadow always means glitter fallout for me but this pencil version means I can enjoy the shade without the irritating glitter all over my cheeks!


For those of you who like regular Wolverine updates...well he still hasn't given up on his attempts to escape his cage!  As you can see from the pic above, he's ALWAYS up to something!  He recently had an escape where he got out of his cage, ate all of the hamster choc drops that we keep under the table, then got back into his cage and tried to pretend everything was normal but the massive ball of molten chocolate in his bed said different!  No doubt there will be more escape attempts/successes so I'm interested to see what he gets up to next!  I love his face in the pic above like he's saying "can I come out today please mummy?".ha ha.

And lastly, please ignore the stupid name of this exercise video...but it's a GREAT workout for your bum and thighs.  I have been doing these exercises for the past 3 weeks and boy do they work!  This guy was on The Real World in the US apparently? Despite that, he is really thorough in his workout videos in explaining how to do everything and he really knows what he's talking about.  I'm seeing really good results from doing these exercises. 


Do you have any good recommendations for workout videos on YouTube or good nutrition blogs?

No comments:

Post a Comment