Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Liparazzi's Favourites: Korres


So it's time again for another one of my favourites posts and this time it's Korres!

I blab on about alot of Korres products on my blog and I love the fact that they use natural and certified organic ingredients in their products.  It's a Greek company that started in 1996 and their product range features skin care, hair care, makeup and homeopathy.  So if you've never tried anything from the brand before, here's a rundown of my top picks...


I have found that the Korres Wild Rose Mask is the perfect mixing medium for my aspirin mask!  I just use half a teaspoon of the mask and mix it with 3 crushed (uncoated) aspirin tablets.  Clearer AND brightened skin in one go? Yes please!  The mask is an opaque white colour and dries on the skin after about 10 minutes.  It leaves my skin feeling refreshed, smooth and silky soft.

I also love the Korres Olive and Rye Eye Cream because I used to get tiny patches of Psoriasis on my eye lids and on the skin surrounding my eye.  This eye cream was the ONLY product that got rid of the dry skin on this delicate area and it keeps it at bay now.  The eye cream seems quite thick but it never makes my eyes feel puffy or heavy.  It lasts for ages because a little goes a long way.


I really like the Korres Wild Rose Foundation for summer days because it feels lighter on my skin than my usual EL Double Wear.  It's a great foundation for those days when your skin is looking really good and clear and you feel confident enough to go with less coverage.  It instantly brightens the tone of my skin and makes me look fresh and revived.  The Korres Ginger and Vitamins Foundation is a low to medium coverage product and is great for holidays when you know you are just heading to the beach.  It treats your skin as you wear it and if you're a fan of tinted moisturisers or VERY light foundations, then this product is for you.  I'm always more confident about my skin when I have a tan so this is a summer/holiday product only for me.


Apologies for the battered case of my Korres Wild Rose Compact Powder but I take it EVERYWHERE with me.  It's constantly in my bag when I go out because it's the perfect lightweight powder to cover up shine without looking cakey or heavy.  It looks best applied with a fluffy powder brush and keeps my skin looking flawless all day long.


Whenever I want to use a bronzer with a slight shimmer in it, this is the bronzer I reach for.  I have the Sunglow Warm shade and as you can see from the swatch, it's really subtle on the skin!  It blends so beautifully into my skin and never streaks or looks patchy.  I put this down to the Monoi Oil formula which moisturises the skin and so doesn't cling to any dry patches.  It gives me a really natural, radiant glow and as it has very subtle shimmer in it, I prefer to wear it at night.  For the perfect daytime bronzer, I highly recommend Dior Matte Sunshine Bronzing Powder.

The Korres blushes in Pink & Peach are really great cheek products for summer because they add a gorgeous subtle flush of colour to your face.  The Peach shade has more shimmer in it so it can double as a highlighter too.  These are gorgeous Spring shades that add a real freshness to your skin, whilst still looking natural.  They blend like a dream and last all day long.


Onto my much loved Korres Lip Butters! I currently have four shades as shown above.  Guava and Jasmine are my go-to daytime lip moisturisers whilst Mango and Pomegranate are gorgeous bright shades for night time.  The best thing about the brighter shades are that they are a great way to wear vivid colour whilst keeping your lips glossy and silky soft.  Perfect!  I apply the Guava one every night before bed to keep my lips in tip top shape.  Love these so much!

I received an email today from Rouge Bunny Rouge showcasing the Isola Bella look and I have to say I think it's unbelievably pretty!...


Sometimes the most lovely looks are those which are simplistic and fresh!

No comments:

Post a Comment