Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Massive Volumising Mascara Rave!

My favourite mascaras are YSL Faux Cils and Singulier, L'Oreal Voluminous and Rouge Bunny Rouge Amplitude.  However, these four mascaras have their drawbacks:

YSL Faux Cils and Singulier - they dry out very quickly
L'Oreal Voluminous - it can smudge easily at corners of eyes and when worn on lower lashes
Rouge Bunny Rouge - most expensive mascara out of the four and not easily accessible.


I have tried a few Estee Lauder mascaras before and although they have always been good, they never stood out from my four favourite mascaras.  That is, until I tried the new Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Lash Multiplying Volume mascara!


Here's the Estee Lauder blurb from the website: "Lashes seem to multiply, magnify, grow to extremes. Three different high-volume fibers create audacious, false-lash effects.  Extreme Bold Volume™ formula is a blend of three high-volume fibers in a mousse-light base.  Acts like lash extensions multiplying and growing the look of lashes. Fortified with conditioning Lash-Advancing Vitamin Complex.  Oversized BrushComber Extreme™ with two types of bristles—flexible fibers carry maximum formula; solid fibers comb and separate for clump-free definition".

 

Now I had tried the original Estee Lauder Sumptuous mascara and although it is good, it didn't blow my mind.  When I first saw the Sumptuous Extreme oversized brush I did worry whether it would be tricky to use but because it's a cone shape, it's actually really easy to use.  The thin end grabs all the little lashes at the inner corners and the larger end pulls the outer lashes out to maximise volume and length.  This wand is great if you like to gently drag your lashes out to the sides for an exaggerated winged look.  I only used two light coats in the pics below and I was SO impressed by the effect...my lashes almost touch my eyebrows when my eyes are fully open!



This mascara gives the same effect of YSL Faux Cils but it won't dry out as fast.  Estee Lauder mascaras are great for their longevity, together with L'Oreal Voluminous.  There was absolutely no flaking, smudging or irritation to my eyes when I was wearing this mascara and I love that it's so buildable.  You can layer it to the max without getting the spidery, clumpy look.  The mascara is £22.00 for a 8ml tube but I feel like it's better value because it will last so much longer than the YSL ones and it's more reliable than L'Oreal Voluminous.  I don't like mascaras that are difficult to remove but this one melts off with just soap and water...perfect!

This is definitely my new favourite mascara and it's perfect if you like thick, glossy black lashes.  I was asked today if I was wearing false lashes and that's always a sure fire sign of a truly great mascara!

And today, this pic of the beautiful Black Swan actress, Mila Kunis, is making me wish I could get away with a super dramatic smokey eye...


SO pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment