Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Good Times/Bad Times


1) Myself and Chris are planning to go on a long weekend, European city break in March and we are still deciding where to go.  We have both been to Paris, Barcelona and Rome before so they are out.  I have been to Venice and I don't think it's our kind of place really. 


I did think that Berlin might be a cool place to go though and there's apparently loads to do.  I have a few friends that have raved about it after visiting recently.  I really like German culture and I still remember alot of the language from school.  We both like to be active and aren't interested in sitting around all day.  Does anyone have any suggestions of great places to visit?


2) As you will know from my recent posts, I have FINALLY mastered false lashes.  It took me ages to work out that I just can't wear full lashes.  My eyes are much more suited to individual, half or corner lashes because anything near the inner corner of my eyes just impedes my vision, feels uncomfortable and irritates my eyes.  I much prefer the more natural length falsies because they just add the right amount of volume and length without looking too heavy.  I want my eyes to look fresh and wide awake and I feel that the really heavy false lashes just make you look tired.

3) I have been putting off tidying up my wardrobe for absolutely ages in the vain hope that I would open it one day and the fairies had sorted it all for me.  That never happened.  So I got some bin liners and sorted through everything in there.  I had to be quite ruthless about the whole thing and although I had old favourites in there, I had to accept that some of them were well past their best.  Some clothing just has sentimental value to it so it makes it hard to throw it away!  BUT after a couple of hours of being knee-deep in clothes, shoes and bags, I finally finished. 


Chris is going to build me proper wardrobe storage so I am really excited about that!  I'm hoping to get multi-box style shoe storage like the pic above....heaven!  Stay tuned for before and after pics! 


1) Chris has been offshore for the past 14 days and he won't be back until Friday.  He was supposed to come home sooner but the bad weather offshore has meant that all helicopter flights have been put on hold.  It can be really hard being apart for so long because he's my best friend.  I always miss the little things like having our little chat about the day before we go to sleep at night or sitting having dinner together and chatting about what's on TV.  I know that Chris hates being away but at least it's not forever...just until the end of May.


2) I was really saddened to find out that The Gloss Goss blog is no more.  Tali decided to delete her beauty blog and also her fashion blog, Glossy's Wardrobe.  I think there will be ALOT of people who will really miss her posts and hearing about her life in general.  Her blog was my favourite to read because we like alot of the same things and I discovered alot of my favourite products through reading her blog.  I really hope Tali starts up her blog again because it won't be the same without her! 

No comments:

Post a Comment