Sunday, February 21, 2010

FOTD using some new products

I was in the mood for a soft wearable day look...

Face: Korres Wild Rose Foundation, Korres Wild Rose Concealer (under eyes), Omorovicza Correcting Pencil (around nose and on blemishes), MAC MSF Natural Medium, Benefit Powderflage under eyes, Paul & Joe Bronzer 001, Sleek Face Contour Palette, MAC Well Dressed Blush, Nars Albatross.Eyes: MAC Paint Pot in Painterly, Too Faced e/s in Silk Teddy all over lid, DuWop Heavy Metal Metallic Eyeshadow (Taupe) in crease and outer, Too Faced e/s in Sexpresso in outer, MAC Vanilla pigment in centre of lid, Estee Lauder Pure Colour e/s in Vanilla on browbone, Paul & Joe Eye Gloss in 01 in tearducts, MAC Fluidline in Dipdown (brown), Benefit Hgh Brow (used on waterline), Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara in Black Clinique Instant Lift for Brows in 01 Soft Blonde.Lips: Estee Lauder Double Wear Lip Liner in Rose,Estee Lauder Pure Colour Lipstick in Vanilla Truffle, Le Metier De Beaute Sheer Brilliance Lipgloss in Dubai.

Now for a closer look at the new products I used...
Just how pretty is this Paul & Joe Bronzer packaging! Just look at the intricate design on the lid...love it! However, I must say that I was a little bit disappointed that the packaging is plastic and not metal. It feels slightly flimsy but it doesn't affect my opinion of the product inside...which is that it's gorgeous and oh so natural. The pan itself looks like this...
The 001 shade is quite light and perfect if you have pale to medium skin tone and just want a hint of colour. There's no shimmer so it's undetectable on the skin and just warms up your skin tone to make you look more healthy. It's super blendable and perfect as an everyday bronzer.
Now the next item...what can I say...I was speechless when I saw the colour of the Le Metier De Beaute Sheer Brilliance Lipgloss in Dubai. My god is it a gorgeous and unique colour. I could just stare at it in the packaging and be quite happy with that! It goes on sheer and just adds the prettiest hue of lilac/pink to the lips. The formula is lovely too, really smooth, non sticky and a pleasure to wear. It feels very moisturising too. I have been applying this non stop and have vowed to have a look at the other shades on offer from the brand. I really hope they live up to this one because it's my new favourite lipgloss.
I have heard a few people rave about the Paul & Joe Eye Glosses and this one looked perfect for creating a highlight on the inner corner and on the browbone. It really opens the eye up when worn in the tearduct area, it just creates a really glowy look. I found that it creased slightly when I wore it on the lid so I was disappointed about that. I still really like the colour so I am going to persevere and I have also experimented with adding it thinly over lipsticks to create a different effect. Here's swatches of both products...
Omorovicza is a Hungarian brand and I had never heard about it before until I was sent this product to try which is a concealer pencil. I have never tried one of these before so I really wasn't sure what to expect. It comes in one 'universal' shade which I thought was weird since nothing is universal when it comes to makeup and there really should be a few shades to suit different skin tones. Luckily the 'universal' shade was a good match for my skin and I found the Corrector Pencil very useful for blemishes. It allows you to pinpoint areas so that you are just applying concealer where you really need it, avoiding any waste. Despite being a pencil, it went on surprisingly creamy and it blended well.
I've only just started to really get into lip liners...I never really bothered with them before but I am really enjoying playing around with the shape of my lips and being able to accentuate them for more dramatic looks. I always think you have to be so careful about doing that as you don't want it to look really obvious...that's a pet hate of mine. The Estee Lauder Double Wear Lipliner in Tea Rose is a beautiful, almost metallic rose colour that really complimented the lip gloss I was wearing. It's goes on so so smooth and is really easy to apply, the best thing being that it lasted for ages. Very impressed with this!
The last product I wanted to share with you is the Clinique High Brow in Soft Blonde. This little tool has become my go-to product for early mornings. It's really quick and easy to use and the screw-up brow colour is perfect for me. I wasnt sure about using a brow colour in stick form but it actually works really well. The pale pink highlighter on the opposite end is lovely and gives your browbones a lovely sheen. This would be a fantastic product for travelling as you get two products in one small pen. Here are the swatches...

No comments:

Post a Comment