Monday, February 22, 2010

Best Fake Tan To Use For My Wedding?

Being born and bred in Scotland, I have quite pale skin naturally but I much prefer to be a nice golden colour, nothing over the top, just a healthy glow. I am a seasoned professional when it comes to fake tan and have tried a lot of brands/products over the years. My first experience of self tan was when I was 14 but due to the absolutely rubbish formulas back then, it didn't exactly turn out to plan and before I knew it, I looked like i'd been Tango-ed!ha ha. Luckily nowadays there are so many different types of self tan to choose from that it's alot easier to fond something that suits your needs. I must admit that I have been having scary nightmares recently about a 'Bride Wars' Anne Hathaway-style fake tan fail....
I currently use two types of self tan, Dove Summer Glow for general use which I normally apply twice a week and if I have a sepcial occasion, then I apply Xen Tan Intense Mousse for a more bronzed look. However, lately I have been wondering what would be best to use for my wedding day as the Dove Summer Glow is too light and if you layer it over a few days then sometimes the colour can build up on your elbows, under your arms or on your knees (even when I exfoliate like mad!). You are sometimes left with uneven colour which definitely don't want! However, the Xen Tan is just that bit too dark for my wedding day and I really want something in between the shades that those two products deliver. What I am really trying to achieve on the day is a nice light golden caramel shade that looks subtle and healthy (the pic below demonstrates my idea of the PERFECT shade):So...I have been looking into self-tanning products from various brands to try and find the best possible product for me. These are the main things I will be looking for in my HG wedding fake tanning product:
  • A natural looking, pale golden, even tan
  • A product that doesn't leave a weird lingering biscuit smell behind
  • Quick Drying
  • Reasonably non-messy application (preferably a light milk or mousse formulation)

I will be testing out different fake tans and gradual tanners over the next couple of months and have listed some products that I have in mind below (feel free to share your thoughts on them if you have already tried them!):

Vichy Capital Soleil Self Tanning Milk

Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Golden Perfection Self Tanning Milk

Clinique Body Daily Moisturiser Light (Medium)

One that really interests me is the Piz Buin Colour Dial Self Tan because you can tailor the colour to suit you...genius idea but whether it works is another matter...

In the meantime, does anyone have any recommendations? (Please note that, personally, St Tropez, Fake Bake and Xen Tan go too dark on my skin so I won't be using them).

No comments:

Post a Comment