Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Complexion Perfection!

Following my post on my favourite highlighters last week, I had promised to do a post on the products that I love to use in order to brighten, perfect and even out my skin tone. I don’t really view these products as primers as I prefer my primers to have oil control properties. If I want to use a primer AND one of these product then I just mix them with my moisturiser and apply the primer thinly over the top. This creates an utterly flawless look so it’s good for special occasions when you want to look immaculate.

All of the products listed below are multi-use and can be applied under foundation, mixed with foundation, applied as a highlight on cheekbones etc or mixed with a body moisturiser.

Estee Lauder Spotlight Skin Tone Perfector

Description: “Silky, sheer lotion gives skin a healthy-looking, even-toned glow as soon as you put it on”

My Thoughts: This opalescent liquid has iridescent blue/violet and pink tones in it that really brighten up your skin. It always makes my skin look more radiant, even under foundation. The great thing about applying it under your foundation is that you get a really natural, subtle radiance that’s not shimmery or shiny in any way. It evens out my skin tone, sinks into the skin really quickly and makes it feel silky soft.

The Body Shop Tinted Glow Enhancer in 02

Description: “Community Trade marula oil from Namibia helps to repair skin’s moisture barrier whilst light-diffusing particles provide instant radiance and help reduce the appearance of fine lines”.


My Thoughts: I love to use this product when I have a tan, the golden shade really brings my skin to life and you can really get a pretty glow. It’s good to your skin and doesn’t clog pores and it blends in seamlessly. I love to use this on holiday and mix a few drops in with my body moisturiser for glowy skin in the evening sun.


Virgin Vie Skin Dew

Description: “Soften and illuminate your complexion with a delicate hint of pink. Use as a primer under foundation or as a highlighter for cheeks and eyes over foundation to brighten your complexion”.

My Thoughts: This one is perfect for creating dewy fresh skin. It is a pearlescent pink tone that brightens the complexion and adds radiance. It is also great over foundation as a highlighter (it’s very similar to Benefit’s High Beam but a thicker consistency). I like to use this one in the winter as it compliments my paler skin tone at that time of year.

Clinique Up Lighting Liquid Illuminator in Natural

Description: “Sheer, lightweight liquid instantly illuminates skin. Highlights, contours cheeks, brow bones or all over face. Glides on to create a natural-looking luminosity. Perfect for all skin types and tones. Oil-free”.

My Thoughts: This is probably me favourite of the lot because no matter what time of year it is, this shade will make my skin look great. It’s a peachy gold shade that looks so pretty as a highlighter and really amps up the glow factor when you wear it under foundation. I love the consistency and the fact that it feels so light on the skin. Gorgeous!


MAC Strobe Liquid Lotion

Description: “Blending soft focus diffusers with iridescent pigments, this ultra-fluid strobe formula produces a soft radiant light on the skin, reducing the appearance of skin imperfections by providing a natural looking glow. Spreads on smoothly and absorbs quickly leaving the skin looking healthier and more radiant. A lighter weight addition to the popular strobe cream”.

My Thoughts: This lotion is great for winter too, it creates a really subtle effect under foundation and leaves your skin looking almost ethereal. I think a lot of people diss this product because they are looking for a more intense effect but in my eyes, if you are after that, then check out Strobe Cream which is a more dense, pigmented version of the lotion. It creates the most gorgeous sheen on your skin (although I prefer to apply it under my foundation or to my body as I prefer warmer colours for highlighting my facial features).

No comments:

Post a Comment