Thursday, June 17, 2010

Can A Strapless Bra Change Your Life?

Hmmm maybe not your life but the one I bought today will change the way I dress forever! I was in town with my mum sorting out some wedding stuff and we happened to pop into Debenhams to check out the underwear section.  Mum has been looking for the perfect strapless bra for her wedding outfit.  Now, this is easier said than done when you are a lady with a larger bust.  Both myself and my mum are 34E and holding those babies up is no mean feat! To be perfectly honest with you I never wear strapless bras because I've never found one that I can rely on.  I always end up hoicking it up all the time in fear of it falling down, plus you get that double boob effect which is always oh-so attractive!  This all meant that I generally never wear strapless dresses/tops and I hated the fact that I had to restrict myself to garments with straps...it gets boring wearing the same styles all the time.

My mum was going on about a new strapless bra from Wonderbra called 'The Ultimate Strapless' that she had seen online and I kinda thought "yeah, yeah, I'm sure it's great...for smaller chested girls...but not for us".  I saw the bras hanging up and I started to change my mind because they instantly looked alot more structured than your run-of-the-mill strapless.  The whole concept behind these bras is that they will stay in place throughout jumping/dancing/wriggling around, twisting your body etc.  It has a patent pending design that mimicks your hands pushing your boobs up and together...sounds funny I know but you can see on the inside of the bra there are rigid structures on both sides that look like moulded fingers!  Creepy and cool all at the same time! (see the pic of the back of the bra above).  I wasn't even looking for a bra for myself but since mum was trying it on, I decided to try one on too so I could say "see, I told you it doesn't work".ha ha.
I got into the changing room and quickly realised that these bras are made quite small around the back and more generous in the cup size so instead of my usual 34E, I had to get a 36D instead.  I could not believe it when I fastened the bra up, it made my boobs look amazing! We're talking serious cleavage...remember that ad...Hello Boys! I've NEVER tried on a strapless bra like this before.  My boobs were lifted and pushed together exactly as if I was doing it with my own hands.  So basically there's no underwire under the bra, just a rigid deep plate that sits very securely into your body.  All the structure is in the cups.  The bra is so comfortable to wear and has the usual rubber lining to keep it in place.  It gives your chest a really nice shape, with smooth lines and no double boob effect!  I couldn't resist jumping up and down in the changing room to test it and I'm amazed to say that it stayed perfectly in place.  The staff must have wondered what the hell I was doing in there. I can testify that the bra makes you feel incredibly secure.
I am not exaggerating when I say that this bra is unlike anything I've seen before...it's INCREDIBLE! Everyone needs one of these babies.  It comes in black and 'skin' which is a creamy beige so I got one of both.  It comes in A-F cup sizes and normally costs £32 but the bras are discounted at the moment and are currently priced at £26.40.  I went home and tried on a few strapless dresses and tops that I don't really wear normally and they looked great with the bra underneath.  I am so happy that I can get more use out of my clothes now!
If you want to read more about the bra, then you can check out the website here where you can view how it works, watch videos of them testing it out as well as a few other things.

This is going to totally change the way I dress from day to day, especially in summer.  Finally I can wear strapless dresses and tops! Hurrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment