Thursday, March 24, 2011

Our New Bathroom!

We FINALLY got our new bathroom after about 10 days of living in dust, mess and general havoc!  The bathroom was completely atrocious beforehand and I couldn't wait to get rid of it.  I hated it so much it wasn't even funny.  So after many weeks of counting down the days, the workmen arrived, ripped out everything (at which point I did a silly celebratory dance) and then started creating our new contemporary bathroom (which should now be called a shower room as we no longer have a bath!).  I will only show you one 'before and after' pic because, to be quite frank, the other before pics are just plain horrible and too embarassing to show...


The difference now is massive and the whole room just looks more spacious, modern and luxurious.  We have loads more storage space in the units under the mirror so that's where all my crap will be going from now on (and I have alot of it!).  I want to keep the surfaces as clear as possible and clutter free...sometimes easier said than done when you're a girl who likes her beauty products!


So as you can see in the next pic, we decided to get a mirror along most of the wall facing the door to add more dimension and make the space appear bigger.  The wall tiles are spanish, matte and a pale beige colour and they contrast beautifully with the Italian floor tiles which have an almost bronzey, metallic look to them.  You can see flecks of goldy-bronze when the spot lights shine down on them...gorgeous!


We decided on a shower cubicle because neither of us are overly bothered about having baths and it seemed like the best use of the space we had.  We now have underfloor heating too and I can't tell you how wonderful it is to step out of the shower onto that on a cold morning!  It's the simple things in life that make me happy!ha ha.



Now all that's left to do is pick up some new towels (I was thinking a cherry red shade to add a pop of colour to the neutral colour palette already there) and get some finishing touches added.  I want to get an artifical orchid plant to put in the far corner under the mirror.  I've also got some mirrored bowls to put on the shelf above the toilet which I plan on putting candles in.  I've picked up some gorgeous Danish accessories to finish everything off so I will take some more pics when I have added these things.

(floor tiles)

(new wooden slated ceiling with spotlights)

Sorry if this post is a bit boring or just unrelated to beauty/fashion etc but I was just so excited to have a brand new bathroom!  I love spending time chilling at home so it means alot to me to make the living space as comfortable as possible.

I also wanted to let you guys know that I won't be posting until Monday because I have a wedding on Saturday to attend (one of my best friends) so everything is still hectic at the moment.  Chris will be going offshore again on Monday so I want to spend as much time with him as I can before he goes.

Sorry I have neglected the blog a little recently but things have just been so busy.  Don't worry though, I have loads of good posts coming up and I will be back with a vengeance on Monday so watch out!

No comments:

Post a Comment