Saturday, April 9, 2011

Liparazzi's Favourites: Clinique


I haven't done a Liparazzi's Favourites post in a while so I thought I would ressurect it with an insight into my top picks from Clinique.  I only started to get into Clinique products in the last couple of years or so.  I didn't think I had many Clinique products in my collection until I looked and realised that I actually do use a lot of their products.  Where possible, I will link to a previous review post in case you guys want to read a more indepth description of it.


Clinique Super City Block Oil-Free Daily Face Protection - This stuff literally saved my face from burning off when I was on honeymoon in  Malaysia! I can't describe what a must have product this is for the summer and for holidays.  I never use anything else now because this product acts as a sunscreen AND a primer for your makeup, should you choose to wear any.  It sinks into the skin so quickly and is a flesh colour so you don't get that awful white cast that some SPFs leave behind.  Because it is oil-free, it won't make your skin break out into a million spots like some sunscreens can.  I have tested it in up to 38oC and it seriously performed well.  For me, this product HAS to be in my suitcase when I fly off on holiday.  End of.


Clinique Up-Lighting Liquid Illuminator in Natural - Now if you are into your highlighters, then this is a product for you! The shade natural is a gorgeous sheer, sheeny soft neutral beige with gold shimmer.  It works amazingly well when you mix it with your moisturiser as a luminous base for your foundation.  However, it has a great consistency to be used on top of your makeup to highlight cheekbones or brow bones.  The shimmer in it just translates as a glow on the skin rather than actually being able to see glitter on the skin.  That is always an important specification when choosing a good highlighter.  It should make your skin look radiant and healthy, not glittery.  This bottle has lasted me for ages and I use it all the time.  It's also great for applying down your shins and thighs for a lovely sheen.


Clinique Redness Solutions Instant Relief Pressed Powder -  This powder comes in two forms; a pressed powder and a loose powder.  I prefer the pressed version as it creates a lot less mess!  This is a great powder if you suffer from uneven skin tone caused by redness and broken capillaries.  The yellow shade of powder cancels out redness really effectively and I especially like wearing it if I know I will be drinking alcoholic beverages because my face always turns a lovely shade of puce!  The powder blends into the skin and is not noticeable on the skin in the sense that it doesn't sit on top and create a weird yellow veil.  It's also oil-free, talc-free and contains anti-oxidants so it's good for your skin at the same time.


Clinique True Bronze Pressed Powder Bronzer in Sunkissed - This is a really fantastic bronzer for people who want a really natural, lightly sun kissed look to their skin.  It's reasonably light in tone and has a slight shimmer to it that gives a luminous finish.  It's incredibly lightweight and blends into the skin to give a lovely natural finish.  I hate it when bronzers sit on the skin or highlight all the downy hairs...gross.  It performs best when applied with a soft powder brush and can be used as an all-over bronzer or just to contour.  The compact it comes in is sleek and practical too.  They also do this bronzer in a warmer, more reddish brown for darker skin tones.


Clinique Brush On Cream Liner in Black and Smoke Grey - This has become my favourite gel eyeliner out of the MAC, Sleek, Bobbi Brown and RMK ones that I own.  It is the ONLY one that hasn't dried out over time because the packaging is completely air tight.  This gives you a chance to use every last bit of the product.  It also has the perfect consistency of being not too thick but also not too thin.  It just glides on without flaking off over time.  The black shade is intense and creates gorgeous dramatic looks whilst the Smoke Grey shade is wonderful for a subtle daytime eye.  These liners beat any other ones I have hands down and I know they are also a favourite of the Pixiwoo sisters, Sam and Nic.


Clinique Superfine Liner For Brows in Soft Blonde - This eyebrow product is great if you like very precise, fine tipped eyebrow pencils.  It is self sharpening and comes in 4 shades.  When applied in feathery strokes, the ash blonde shade blends in seamlessly with my natural brows and creates a naturally defined look.  It's long wearing so there's definitely no need to re-apply at any stage. The best thing about this product is that it's so easy to use!  I'm actually more a fan of powders for my brows but this is the only pencil liner I would use in place of that.

There are a couple more products that I love from Clinique but I enjoyed using them so much I don't have them here to take a pic!  They are on my massive list of products to repurchase.  BUT, here's a list of my posts on the products if you're interested:



I was out shopping with some friends today and as I walked past the L'Occitane shop, I knew I just had to pick up the L'Occitane Almond Cleansing and Soothing Shower Oil.  This stuff is just the most dreamy product for super soft skin.  It has a gorgeous fragrance and leaves your skin so hydrated and nourished.  It actually moisturises your skin even after your shower so you don't have to apply body cream.  Anything that saves me time in the morning is a winner in my book!  It's important that you use this product with a shower puff because it makes the product go a lot further.  If you apply it straight onto your body with your hands, it will be gone in no time.  It really is a little bit of luxury and although it isn't cheap, it's worth trying even if you just use it once a week! I adore this stuff! 


I got some dry patches this week on my eyelids and also on my lower eye area.  I'm not quite sure why this happened and I'm not happy about it!  However, I knew exactly what product to use from my bathroom cupboard...Malin + Goetz Rice Bran Eye Moisturiser.  I normally use Korres Olive & Rye Eye Cream but as I had run out, I knew this would be a great and effective alternative.  When you get dry skin on your eye area, you need an eye cream that it both hydrating AND lightweight.  On first impressions of this cream and by feeling it on your fingers, it does feel very emollient.  It's a thick moisturiser and you would think it would make your eye area puffy and congested.  BUT, this eye cream has been developed especially for the delicate eye area:

"This residue-free eye moisturiser synthesizes absorbent esters for optimal hydration without bleeding into eyes. Rice bran and Soja protein-amino acids promote capillary circulation to reduce wrinkling, dark circles and puffiness while helping firm, restore and repair. Natural fragrance and colour".

This eye cream cleared up the dry skin on my eyes within two days and that's pretty impressive!  You get a MASSIVE 14g (1/2 oz) of product in the tub which is the most I have ever seen for an eye cream.  Although it's £28, you are getting double, maybe even triple the amount of product you would normally get in an eye cream.

And now for a dance video that has been making me laugh this week.  There's a few things that amuse me about this and I will list them for you:

1)  The hilarious shuffle dance
2) The crazy outfits (especially the matching animal print ensemble)
3) Mr Robot head doing the 'running man'
4) The fact that Jesus makes an appearance

You gotta love the shuffle dance!  I'll probably be doing that next time I'm drunk though...


No comments:

Post a Comment