Monday, August 23, 2010

My Wedding Day Makeup

I did alot of research into wedding makeup on the run up to the wedding because I really wanted to find someone who was very skilled and someone who would listen to what I wanted .  After alot of consideration, I decided on Eyecandy - a makeup team run by Lynne Mills (who trained privately with top celebrity makeup artist, Elaine Jones) in Edinburgh, Lothians, Fife, Perthshire and Glasgow areas.  Lynne Mills is also a Beauty Expert who is often called upon by brands such as Lancome, Chanel & L'Oreal to review their products.  Eyecandy makeup artists only use top quality brands like Mac, Benefit, Bobbi Brown but to name a few.  Lynne assigned a wonderful makeup artist, Suzanne, to do my makeup for my big day...
I really couldn't have hoped for a more lovely, warm and friendly person to take care of my makeup for the day.  Not only is Suzanne a lovely person, but she is also a fantastic makeup artist.  As you guys already know, I had decided in advance to do my own base for the wedding makeup i.e. my primer, foundation and concealer.  This is not to say that I didn't trust Suzanne to do a good job, I'm just a perfectionist so I am slightly OCD about my skin.  I wanted to give you guys an overview of exactly what was used on the day to create the overall look (these pics are just low-quality scans of the wedding proofs as we don't have the electronic copies yet so please excuse the grainy look of them):
Primer: Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Base
Foundation: Estee Lauder Double Wear in Fresco
Concealer: Estee Lauder Maximum Cover in Medium

Here's Suzanne's take on what she used:
"Eyelure's Individual lashes. The application takes practice but once the technique is mastered these take ten minutes to put on and create fuller, natural looking lashes which last up to a few weeks".  You can get these from Boots for around £5.  The great thing about the combination pack is that it gives you the option of short, medium or long lashes.  They lasted for the 4 weeks as promised so I had them for my honeymoon too.  The photographer commented on how natural these looked too.
"After the eyelashes were all applied I used Benefit's eyebrow kit, 'Brow Zings' to shade and set the eyebrows. This helps create the perfect frame for the eye".
"I then started the eyes by applying Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion to ensure the eyeshadow and liner last all day and to avoid 'creasing'".

"I kept your eyes neutral and natural by using a 5 Couleurs Dior Palette in 705 'Beige Massai'. Using MAC brush 239 Eye Shader, I swept the lightest cream shade over the lid to keep your eyes looking wide, and using MAC brush 217 Blending Brush I lightly worked the tan eyeshadow into the socket line to add depth and make your blue eyes pop".
 "I then added a little of Urban Decay's eyeshadow "Sellout" to illuminte just the inside corners of your eyes. The shimmery touch was perfect with the champagne in your dress".
"Once the eyeshadow was finished, I used Estee Lauder Double Wear Eyeliner to add a touch of hollywood glamour and ensure your eyes were well defined for the wedding photographs. It promises 15 hours of staying power so is perfect to last the whole day".
"The individual lashes are usually enough on their own without mascara, but because your lashes are fair I wiggled some waterproof Dior mascara in Diorshow Iconic Extreme into the roots to ensure the lashes blended together and to add a little lift to the roots".
"With the eyes finished, I then applied a little Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder underneath your cheekbones - extending it just an inch or two down from your ears to add contouring to your face".
"I used MAC's 116 Blusher Blush to add Dior's peach blush from their Flight Palette in 001 Peachy Adventure to the apples of your cheeks".

"I illuminated the areas you'd like the light to hit with Benefit High Beam - the top of the cheekbones to emphasise them and under the brow arch. This creates a dewy look, which prevents a long-wear powder from making you look too matte".
"Finally, I swept MAC's Blot Powder over your face. The Blot Powder works to absorb any oils, reduce shine and set the foundation, keeping it fresh for the day".
Suzanne finished off by using a peachy pink coloured lipstick topped off with Korres Pomegranate Lip Butter which added a lovely hint of colour to stop the makeup looking too washed out.
My makeup lasted all day and I was so thrilled at how it turned out in the photographs.  It was the perfect mix of natural and glamourous.  Suzanne also did the makeup for all my bridesmaids and also for my mum.  She is the type of person who makes you feel instantly at ease and you end up feeling like you've known her for ages.  The Eyecandy beauticians, Evey and Brenda who provided the pampering for the night before the wedding were fantastic as well and made sure we had pretty hands and feet and eased away any nerves with amazing massages.

Lynne Mills, the owner of Eyecandy has been a pleasure to deal with from the outset and if you are looking for a highly professional and super friendly team to make you look beautiful on your wedding day or for any other special occasion, then I can't recommend Eyecandy highly enough.  They played a big part in making my wedding day amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment